2013-2014 cheer squad chosen

Tryouts for the 2013-2014 cheer were held from March 21 to 28.

There were a total of 19 students, and only 12 made it to the squad. There were different dress-up days during the week of tryouts. Students brought their creative dress-up ideas on Thursday, Tacky Prom day, and Friday, Under The Sea day. Willy Wonka day was Monday, Sports Equipment day on Tuesday, Do it Yourself on Wednesday, and finally, Dr. Seuss day on Thursday.

Serafina Urrutia | The Hawkeye
Serafina Urrutia | The Hawkeye

Tryouts were from 6 to 8 p.m. in the small gym. There were a total of 19 females who tried out, and only 12 got in. There are four returning incoming seniors, Brittany Kinsella, Samantha Meadows, Marissa Mason, and Sarah Smith, four new incoming seniors, Olivia Driscoll, Joy Gardner, Courtney Hammer, and Megan Bruce, two new incoming juniors, Taylor Douglas, and Morgan Arbuckle, and two new incoming sophomores, Taylor Rash and Mackenzie Gardner.

The current senior cheer, Amanda Woodyard, Audrey Halenbeck, Taylor Arbuckle, Rene Bos, and Rachel Fesler will be performing on their last PEP assembly on the spring activities assembly on April 17, and the new squad will be performing the supersonic.

The new squad is also expecting to be doing competitions against other schools next year.