Wildcats pluck Hawks 82-58

Terrace must beat Lincoln for a chance to play for 4th/6th place
©HAWKEYE image credit: Emmalee Harmon
Senior forward Jaxon Dubiel drew the unenviable task of guarding the Wildcats’ point guard Ryan Lafferty.

Just 24 hours after a resounding victory over Todd Beamer H.S. in the Tacoma Dome, the Hawks were outgunned by Mt. Spokane in a quarterfinal game 82-58. Terrace now faces Lincoln at 10:30 a.m. Friday, March 1. Win and the Hawks get to play for 4th or 6th place hardware. Lose, however, and the season comes to an abrupt finish.

The Wildcats were led by their senior point guard Ryan Lafferty who led all scorers with 27, and forward Andrew Rayment who had 19. Hawks’ senior forward Zaveon Jones lead the Hawks with 20, and senior forward Jaxon Dubiel had 14.

Mt. Spokane featured a balanced attack and frequently deployed a full-court press to stifle the Hawks. Defensively, the Hawks (now 22-4) gave up more than 70 points in a game for the first time all season.
Should the Hawks beat the surprise No. 17 seed Lincoln, they’ll play the winner of the Garfield/North Central game at 8 a.m. Saturday morning at the Tacoma Dome.