No live broadcast of next two men’s games, women’s game added

No live broadcast of next two mens games, womens game added

The next two men’s basketball games – at co-leader Shorewood (9-1, 14-3) tonight and at Shorecrest (3-7, 9-8) next Tuesday – will not be available on the Hawks Live Sports Network. The HLSN crew has been denied access to the two Shoreline School District gyms for the games.

The Hawkeye, MLTNews.com and HLSN regret this change in scheduling, but this was a decision of Shoreline School District officials. The Hawkeye will, however, provide coverage via its Twitter feed @MTHSports of both games. The Hawkeye is also working on setting up a live text-based Internet feed and details should be available later today, and certainly by the game at Shorecrest.

The Hawks (9-1, 15-2) return home Thursday, Jan. 31 to the Terraceum to host Glacier Peak (8-2, 14-3) in the final regular season game, which will also be Senior Night. That game will be carried live by HLSN and available here on TheHawkeye.org and MLTNews.com.

HLSN is also planning to broadcast the Hawks’ playoff games, but the schedule has yet to be determined.

Women’s game added to the broadcast schedule

The  Hawks women’s basketball team will be featured on the Hawks Live Sports Network Monday, Jan. 28 as they host Shorecrest in the Terraceum in their final home game of the season. While the young Hawks (3-7, 5-11) have struggled to wrap up victories this season, the team has been playing exceptional ball – particularly in the past seven games where the team has gone 4-3 and each of the losses have been single digit, including one in overtime.

Coach Dave Brophy is graduating just two seniors – guards Taylor Smith and Siera Prout – from this exciting team.

The HLSN broadcast starts at 7:05 p.m. for the pre-game with a 7:15 p.m. tip-off.