EWHS, MTHS vocalists take top spots in Terrace Idol finale

[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]

The voices of MTHS were well represented at Wednesday’s final round of Terrace Idol 2014, with MTHS freshman Maddy Caiola taking home one of the top titles.

Two awards were given to the top singers. The judges’ pick was awarded to Caitlin Yanos from Edmonds-Woodway High School (EWHS), who performed an original song titled “Now or Never.” The fan vote went to Maddy Caiola from MTHS, who performed “After Tonight.”

The judges for the final round of Terrace Idol 2014 included Ariana DeBoo – a 2010 Terrace graduate that won Terrace Idol in 2008, Justin Correa – also a Terrace graduate from 2009 that was active in the music programs at Terrace, and Michael “Wanz” Wansley, a Seattle based jazz and pop singer.

“Wanz” is most known in the world of music for singing the hook in “Thrift Shop” by fellow Seattle natives, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.

The singers that performed in Round 3 were, Caitlin Yanos from EWHS, Auryanna Ashoori from Lynnwood High School, and Maddy Caiola, Alisha Clingan and Dominic DeMiero from MTHS.

The cost to get into Terrace Idol was $5, with all proceeds going to the MTHS Senior Class ASB.

[/vc_column_text][vc_gallery type=”image_grid” interval=”5″ images=”9788,9787,9786,9789″ onclick=”link_image” custom_links_target=”_self”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][/vc_column][/vc_row]