Terrace student arrested on suspicion of robbery

Principal Greg Schellenberg informed Terrace families about a situation on campus that led to the arrest of a student earlier this week. In an email sent out to Terrace families on Tuesday, Oct. 29, the administration revealed that an arrest was made on campus on Monday, Oct. 28, in connection to a robbery that had taken place on campus last week. 

The School Resource Officer Kyle O’Hagan worked with MTHS staff and another Mountlake Terrace police officer to investigate a robbery that is alleged to have occurred on campus shortly after school on Thursday, Oct. 24. The robbery apparently involved the perpetrator drawing a knife against the victim in a threatening manner. 

The robbery was not reported to a staff member until Monday, and the incident was quickly brought to the attention of O’Hagan and the police department. The police took custody of the suspect after the investigation was completed on the same day. As of the time of publication, the suspect remains in police custody and has been emergency expelled by MTHS. 

In the email to families, Schellenberg wished to emphasize that the staff is committed to ensuring the campus remains a safe place for all students. 

“Students may be very concerned about this incident that happened on our campus,” Schellenberg said. “We would like to emphasize that as a staff, we are taking this very seriously. Our staff is committed to providing a safe environment for all students.” 

Additionally, Schellenberg wished to reiterate the importance of community members reporting any information that they may possess regarding the safety of the school. The Edmonds School District uses the Safe Schools Alert system to deliver information relating to safety concerns to school administrators. Tips can be provided to the Safe Schools Alert system through phone or text at 425-551-7393, through email at 14**@al****.us and through the system’s website, https://1480.alert1.us