Meet your new ASB PR Officer

What’s up, Hawks! My name is Andy Nguyen and I am your new Big 6 Public Relations Officer. Let me tell you a little about myself. I am currently a MTHS Junior. I love talking to people and I’ve always wanted to make a change. I love watching movies like The Matrix and Back to The Future. You can often find me listening to my favorite artists including The Weeknd, Frank Ocean, Kendrick Lamar and BROCKHAMPTON.

There has been a lot of stuff going on with ASB. For example, there’s a completely new Executive ASB (Big 6). Returning members are Andy Shaw as the President and Kennedy Cooper as the Vice President. The new members are Bruno Porras as the Secretary, Semira Beraki as the Treasurer, McKenna Mortensen as the Historian and me, the Public Relations Officer.

We are very excited to bring the students of Terrace into a fun and special year for 2018-2019. We are looking to get more student input for events like spirit week, and to recognize our students with their achievements and talents. We also want to have a positive environment for our students; to make them feel welcomed.

Our very first assembly was April 20th, 2018. We wanted to recognize all the accomplishments our clubs and sports have done in the year, and bring something into this school year that can lead on to the next school year and even more to come. #WeAreTerrace is a message that we want the students to see that, through thick and thin, with our different opinions and where we stand, that in the end, we are together. This hashtag is used on our social media accounts and can be used by the students when they post on social media (spirit week photos, sport photos, posts involving MTHS, etc.). Currently, Big 6 is discussing plans for the next school year, such as fundraisers and events.

High school is only a couple years of your life and we don’t want to see those years to go to waste. We want you to enjoy your time here at Terrace, whether it’s through joining a club, participating in a sport or even just helping our community in any way. With that, I want to say that ASB is run by students for the students! We are always wanting to hear to what you have to say.

I want to hear your voice in all of this, if you ever have any questions, relating to ASB, the school, or anything else you just wanna talk about. You can email me or find me at school (I’m the tall Vietnamese guy with glasses and curly hair, probably wearing a denim jacket.)  I love talking to all of you, so don’t be afraid to come up to me and say hi! Well, that’s all I have for you guys, have a fantastic day and talk to you later, Hawks!