New friday lunch programs

Hi Terrace! I regret to inform you that Jack Clinch will no longer be writing this column due to the fact that he is no longer willing to speak or write the English language. The rest of  Big 6 and I will fill in for him and hope that our articles will receive his silent nod of  approval.

As members of student government, ASB has infinite love for our student body and is willing to go to the ends of the earth to brighten your day and make you feel comfortable at school. We have some great things planned for the rest of the year. I’m so excited to tell you about them!

Our fearless leader Stew has instituted a new program for Friday lunch  activities. You might have noticed it lately. There has been trivia for McDonald’s, music, and

other stuff to bring some joy and excitement to the school day and give you guys something to look forward to. I hope to hear some great new ideas. Paintball? Red light green light? Dance party? Fight club? Anything is possible…

The spring sports assembly was one of the last things that Class of Ten Big ASB planned and produced. We’re getting a new group ready to run the show for next year. They seem like  perfectly fine people. When looking for who to praise when things hopefully go well next year, look toward the six members of the new Big ASB.

They’ve been meeting with us for the

past few weeks and we’ve described their duties and the activities they’ll be responsible for, so now they are the ones who are getting all the work done. The rest of us sit in office chairs burned out from everything we’ve done this year and stressed from working on the dreaded senior projects.

I’d like to personally invite you to watch some spring sports at Terrace. Today I’ll focus on tennis. Matches are really fun to watch, especially on glorious spring afternoons. While girls’ tennis is exciting and will make you want to shout and cheer, that is a definite no-no; tennis etiquette allows for only a few quick claps and maybe an occasional “nice shot!” If you would like to watch some sports where cheering is allowed and even encouraged, then I’m sure soccer, softball, baseball, golf, and track wouldn’t mind if you showed up and watched them, too.

As winter transforms into spring over the next few weeks, keep in mind that just like cherry blossoms and furry woodland creatures, life is renewed each spring.

Take advantage of this opportunity for personal growth and…blossoming. Have a wonderful day!