Frosh and JV team updates

By Austin McDermott, Sports Co-Editor

Women’s JV
Basketball
(1-3)

Following a season where many JV players shared varsity positions, the Hawks have their own Junior Varsity Women’s Basketball team.

After defeating the Sultan Turks 36-31 in the season opener, the lady Hawks dropped three straight games, including losses to very talented Lynnwood and Meadowdale teams.

In what is a rebuilding season, be on the lookout for future varsity stars on this very young team.

Men’s JV
Basketball
(4-1)

With their only loss coming against a very talented 4A Jackson team, the men’s JV Hawks have opened the season red hot.

In a game against the Meadowdale Mavericks, sophomore Prescott Day got hot when it mattered most, hitting a buzzer beating three pointer to push the game to overtime, where the Hawks ended up winning 71-68.

This talented team gives the varsity squad a plethora of talent to draw from for years to come.

Men’s Freshman Basketball
(3-2)

Also off to a hot start is the freshman men’s basketball team, starting the year 3-2, with their only two losses coming in a three point nail-biter against Eastlake and a tough five point loss against Meadowdale.

After blowing out Lynnwood by 59 points, they made quick work of Jackson in a 63-42 rout.

Plenty of size gives these freshmen a distinct advantage over opponents in the post game.

JV Wrestling
(0-2)

Despite a slow start and only a few members on JV, wrestling already has a bright future in freshman Taylor Murgallis.

Murgallis has gone undefeated so far in his first few matches on the JV squad. He has even competed in varsity matches.