Women’s Swimming

While many of the rest of us were sitting in the last days of summer’s sun, the women’s swim team had already begun preparing for their season.

“Practices have just started and it has started off great,” Co-Captain Michelle Liu said. The team began practice on Monday, August 25.
The girls swim team is focused around meeting their goals. Many of these goals are specifically individual, but there are a number of team goals as well.
For most of the team qualifying for competition at state would be not only amazing but an honor. Some swimmers have their sights set on other contests as well.
Both current captains, Liu and Shadee Semana competed in the district finals last year, in which swimmers from around the region compete in skill-specific events.
In addition to a host of additional returning swimmers, and three-year coach Ashli Black, the team is adding eight new swimmers to the roster.
They are Savannah Davies, Hunter Goncalves, Katelan Guinn, Elizabeth Phippen, Alexandra Romanowski, Alyssa Kier, and Erin Vance.
Liu and Semana were both elected to their current positions as co-captains at the end of last season.