Drive a Ford, fund a sport

Drive a Ford, fund a sport

[media-credit id=2019 align=”alignleft” width=”230″][/media-credit]The MTHS Sports Booster Club has partnered with Harris Ford in an effort to raise money in a test drive fund-raiser that will directly benefit the various sports teams at MTHS on Saturday, May 5.

Harris Ford has agreed to donate up to $6,000 with $20 for each person who signs up for a test drive. The event, called Drive One 4 UR School, runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the MTHS parking lot. It is free to participate in the test drive.

According to MTHS SBC president Melissa Reid, the SBC raised $4,900 last year. However, she noted that the booster club ran a double event with Ford and Lincoln and had the opportunity to raise up to $12,000. Time constraints and limited exposure kept the SBC from reaching that amount.

This year, 100 percent of the money raised will go directly to the sports teams. In comparison, the SBC donated 40 percent of last year’s sports teams based on participation, while the remaining money raised went into the SBC’s general fund.

In addition, spirit wear will be available for sale and Pagliacchi Pizza in Ballinger will donate 40 pizzas for sales by the slice.

Athletes, parents, coaches, fans and community members will be present to help run the fund-raiser. Ford dealership will also be on hand to provide assistance and information.