Hawks welcome Chargers to WesCo

Hawks welcome Chargers to WesCo

Welcome to the league, Marysville Getchell Chargers.

Hawks 77 at Chargers 17.

You read it correctly, 77-17.

It wasn’t that close.

Welcome to the Hawks defense, too – 0 points allowed in the first quarter, 7 in the 2nd, 4 in the 3rd and 6 in the 4th. The Chargers’ first points came with 6:36 to go in the first half.

Oh, and the 40-point mercy rule should have kicked in with just under two minutes to go in the 2nd quarter. Mysteriously, even though the Hawks went ahead 44-4 at that point, the refs waited until the second half to enforce the rule.

That’s right. The entire second half was played with a running clock.

From the opening tip, the Hawks dominated with excellent balance offensively and defensively. Junior guard Blake Fernandez led the Hawks with 18, but senior post Ryan Shannon (13), sophomore post Lauren LaCasse (10) and senior post Coby Russell (10) also had double-figure nights. Shannon had another double-double as the Hawks improved to 6-0 overall and 5-0 in WesCo 3A.

A bigger test comes Friday night when the Hawks travel to Glacier Peak to take on the Grizzlies.

~

At Marysville Getchell:

Mountlake Terrace – 28 20 10 19 – 77
Marysville Getchell – 00 07 04 06 – 17

Hawks: Jesse Zerom 4, Andrew Moisant 0, Blake Fernandez 18, Ryan Shannon 13, Marquis Armstead 7, Greg Bowman 6, Eric Moisant 9, Lauren LaCasse 10, Coby Russell 10.

Chargers: Zander Seymer 0, Kaleb Seymer 0, Nathan Grimm 7, Josh Thompson 0, Omar Sakin-Romulus 4, Jordan Russell-Robinson 0, Cullen Zackuse 0, Ali Al-Azadi 4, Marcus Humphrey 2.