Jam Session XVIII highlights

Jam Session XVIII was the kick off to the winter sports season for the men’s and women’s basketball teams. There were intrasquad scrimmages, giveaways, and performances by the cheer squad and hip-hop team.

The men’s basketball scrimmage turned out to be a close affair with the Red team edging out the White team with a 68-66 victory in overtime. The game turned out to be a physical battle despite the fact that the regular season has not even begun. The game winning basket came with five seconds on the clock when sophomore Loren LaCasse finished a layup off a pass from senior Ryan Shannon. It was the first overtime in Jam Session’s 18 year history.

Check out the final seconds of last night’s scrimmage

The three point shootout champion was senior Eric Moisant and the slam dunk champion was Shannon. Shannon and sophomore Greg Bowman were the finalists in the dunk contest.

Watch the Jam Session XVIII dunk contest highlights featuring Ryan Shannon and Greg Bowman

The Hawks open up their season against Inglemoor H.S. on Nov. 29 at 7:30 p.m. in the Terraceum. Inglemoor defeated Terrace 63-56 last year.