Sood coaches at NW Shootout

Mountlake Terrace men’s head basketball coach Nalin Sood coached the Washington all-star team at the Northwest Shootout at the University of Portland’s Chiles Center on Apr. 2.

The game was highlighted by a plethora of top high school basketball players in Washington and Oregon. Notable players included DaVonte Lacy, Gary Bell and Andrew Andrews. The Washington team led by Sood defeated the Oregon team 107-84. It was the fifth consecutive win for the Washington team in the event.

As for Washington, they held Oregon to 36 percent shooting, while forcing 16 steals and 25 turnovers with stout defense. The Washington team controlled the majority of the game and led by 11 at halftime. Sood and his team finished the game with a 12-2 run to seal the victory.

The game’s most valuable player DaVonte Lacy scored 32 points while going 9 of 17 from the floor and made 11 of 13 free throws.
Sood had strong backcourt play from future college basketball players Lacy and Gary Bell. The two accounted for 29 of Washington’s 50 first half points.