Graffiti threat discovered on bathroom stall

Administrators became aware of graffiti making a threat against the safety of the school after it was reported by a student around 10 a.m. today. The graffiti, which was written on the wall of a bathroom stall, threatened the safety of the school and mentioned November 12. 

In an email sent out to Terrace families on Tuesday night, Principal Greg Schellenberg ensured the community that the administration treats these incidents with an abundance of caution. The message has since been reported to the Mountlake Terrace Police Department and the Edmonds School District Security Department.

“We continue to follow our normal security protocols, which include maintaining minimal points of entry to our building, an on-campus police officer and continued monitoring of the building by security and administrators,” Schellenberg said. “In recent weeks, we have added a significant number of security cameras to our system, which will be monitored by our school staff.”

Acknowledging that these incidents can be stressful for students and families, Schellenberg advised those in need of support to contact the school’s guidance counselors at 425-431-5663. 

Schellenberg also wished to emphasize the importance of students reporting incidents potentially affecting school safety to administrators. Additionally, students and community members can report these incidents using the Safe Schools Alert reporting service. Safe Schools Alert can be reached by phone or text at 425-551-7393, email at 14**@al****.us and at its website http://1480.alert1.us.