• Mens Soccer's takes on Marysville-Getchell, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 19, at Getchell HS

• Softball: The 0-2 Hawks take on the Monroe Bearcats. Tuesday, March 19. 4:00 P.M. first pitch at MTHS

• Baseball: The 1-3 Hawks return to action 4:00 p.m. March 21, vs Interlake at MTHS

Hawks down Snohomish 61-48, improve to 4-0 on season

By Kennedy Cooper, Sports Co-Editor

Fighting through the wind and rain of a late December storm, the Mountlake Terrace Hawks defeated the Snohomish Panthers 61-48 on Friday, December 14. They improved to 4-0 and picked up their first win in conference play.

Terrace offense had a rocky start making few of their shots in the first quarter and trailed 13-11. They also allowed Snohomish star guard Kolton Smith to score 18 points in the first half. The game turn around in the second half when the team made a defensive change to put junior guard Mason Christianson on Smith. After this move, he was contested at every play.

Senior guard Mason Petersen lead the Hawks in scoring with 17 points including five 3 pointers and sophomore center Jace Breakfield followed close behind adding 16 points and a couple of blocks on the defensive end to help lead the come from behind win. Smith led all scorers with 28 points.

The Hawks face the Marysville-Getchell Chargers in the Terraceum on Wednesday, December 19. Tipoff is at 7:15 p.m.

About the Writer
Kennedy Cooper, Sports Co-Editor

Kennedy Cooper, a junior and a second year staff member, is the Sports Co-Editor for the Hawkeye. This year she hopes to accurately and efficiently cover all sports available at MTHS. Outside of the organization, she plays select softball and is a music enthusiast.