• WBB: The 2-1 Hawks play Bellingham, Wednesday, December 12th, in the Terraceum, Tip off is 7:15pm

• MBB: The 2-0 Hawks look to keep on rolling, Saturday, December 8th, Vs Kentlake at Highline CC, Tip of is 2pm

Free Throw for Three? Terrace falls to Edmonds-Woodway 23-22

By Benjamin Eyman, Co-Editor-in-Chief

A stunner at the end of the women’s basketball game with the Terrace vs. Edmonds-Woodway C-Team: freshman Warriors guard Kate Schimpf hit a 3-pointer with 6 seconds left on the clock, propelling the Warriors to a 23-22 win over the Hawks. After the game it was noticed by parents, coaches and fans that the ball was shot from the free throw line–nowhere near the 3-point line. But the call stood, costing the Hawks the game.

Freshman wing Taylor Stevens of the Hawks led all scorers with 12 points, including going 6 for 8 at the free throw line. Gwyneth Camacho, also a freshman, added 5 more points, with freshman Gabrielle Garberding and sophomore Hana Amanuel scoring 2 points, and freshman Jazmine Garza chiming in with a point of her own.

The Warriors were led by final shot maker Schimpf, who had 11. Sophomore guard Braunte Beeks scored 6 before fouling out. Freshmen Lindsey Kerns had 4 and Naturelle Hansen had 2.

Both teams were in foul trouble most of the game with a combined total of 31 fouls. The Hawks did not have any players foul out, while the Warriors had two.

With this victory, the Warriors advance to a 1-1 record this season, while the Hawks fall to 1-1. The next game for the Terrace C-Team is Thursday, Dec. 6 in the Terraceum. Tipoff is at 5:30 p.m. versus Mariner.

About the Writer
Benjamin Eyman, Co-Editor in Chief

Benjamin Eyman is the Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Hawkeye and a senior at MTHS. He joined the Hawkeye to learn more about journalism and wanted to help share stories about amazing people.

He hopes to help lead the Hawkeye and its staff to a successful year in print, online and audio/visual. He also hopes to nurture the generation of staff members and help them strive to greatness. Outside of the Hawkeye, Ben enjoys watching soccer, and is an Eagle Scout from Troop 49 in Lynnwood.