Jam Session XXV launches the winter sports season

By Ciara Laney, Co-Photo Editor

The Mountlake Terrace community gathered on Tuesday, November 20, from 5:30 – 9p.m. in the Terraceum to kick-off the start of the winter sports season. The Hawkeye organized the annual event, Jam Session, with sponsorships from local businesses: Sound Music Publications, Wilcox Construction, Sorelli Pizza, Brier Pizza and MLTnews.com. They also celebrated their 25th anniversary of the event.

Three basketball scrimmages were played. One game was a scrimmage of the Lady Hawks team. The black jersey team won 32-19 against the white team. Another was the men’s team. White jerseys had a three point lead with the ending score 40-37 against the red jerseys. During the alumni game, the white jersey team won by one point with the final score of 68-67 against the black jersey team.

MTHS alumnus Jesse “DJ Tilt” Strek deejayed during the event. Sportscaster Steve Willits announced and emceed the games. During half-time, the MTHS Cheerleading Team performed. There were also multiple contests with prizes.

About the Writer
Ciara Laney, Co-Photo Editor
Ciara Laney is the Photo Co-Editor for the Hawkeye. She is enduring her third year in the organization, which she joined out of her enjoyment for keeping records of moments in life. Laney's goal in the Hawkeye is to make the audience feel a sense of belongingness in the Mountlake Terrace community. Outside of Hawkeye Laney spends time with her seven siblings. She has leadership roles in TEMPO, Key Club, ASB and JV Tennis.