• WBB: The 2-1 Hawks play Bellingham, Wednesday, December 12th, in the Terraceum, Tip off is 7:15pm

• MBB: The 2-0 Hawks look to keep on rolling, Saturday, December 8th, Vs Kentlake at Highline CC, Tip of is 2pm

Jam Session XXV launches the winter sports season

By Ciara Laney, Photo Co-Editor

The Mountlake Terrace community gathered on Tuesday, November 20, from 5:30 – 9p.m. in the Terraceum to kick-off the start of the winter sports season. The Hawkeye organized the annual event, Jam Session, with sponsorships from local businesses: Sound Music Publications, Wilcox Construction, Sorelli Pizza, Brier Pizza and MLTnews.com. They also celebrated their 25th anniversary of the event.

Three basketball scrimmages were played. One game was a scrimmage of the Lady Hawks team. The black jersey team won 32-19 against the white team. Another was the men’s team. White jerseys had a three point lead with the ending score 40-37 against the red jerseys. During the alumni game, the white jersey team won by one point with the final score of 68-67 against the black jersey team.

MTHS alumnus Jesse “DJ Tilt” Strek deejayed during the event. Sportscaster Steve Willits announced and emceed the games. During half-time, the MTHS Cheerleading Team performed. There were also multiple contests with prizes.

About the Writer
Ciara Laney, Staff

Sophomore Ciara Laney is enduring her second year of Hawkeye. Last year, she discovered a passion for photojournalism and earned an excellent award at the National High School Journalism Convention in the spring of 2017 under the literary magazine category photography. Outside of journalism, Laney is the Class of 2020 ASB president, MTHS Key Club treasurer, and is involved in swim and tennis.