• Mens Soccer's takes on Marysville-Getchell, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 1, at Getchell HS

• Softball: The 0-2 Hawks take on the Monroe Bearcats. Tuesday, March 19. 4:00 P.M. first pitch at MTHS

• Baseball: The 1-2 Hawks return to action 4:00. March 18, vs the Monroe Bearcats at MTHS

Men’s Swim places third at district championship meet

By Ciara Laney, Co-Photo Editor

The Edmonds School District (ESD) Championship Meet took place at the Lynnwood Recreation Center on January 27, 2018. The Mountlake Terrace men’s swim team took third place overall with a total of 307 points. Edmonds-Woodway stole first place with 562, while the Meadowdale Boys placed second with 409 points, and the Lynnwood Boys took last place with 295 points.

During the meet, teams dedicated time to recognize the senior swimmers, as it was senior night. Seniors included Diego Aguinga, Nate Miller, Ryan Figueroa, Jake Peters, Giorgio De Vita, Michael Phu and Vito Sparapano.

After the meet, co-captain Diego Aguinga shared what his contributions were to the team this season.

“I feel like I contributed just a positive attitude and a positive outlook considering how our season is going [since] we lost most of our meets,” Aguinga said.

Co-captain Nate Miller noticed how the team’s improvements over the season reflected in the outcome of the ESD Meet.

“I saw the most was just the effort put out by our team. I was really happy with how much effort I saw the guys bring out there,” Miller said. “One thing that the coach has been stressing a lot is how much enthusiasm we bring, and that’s really the key.”

Because of their efforts, several people placed and set personal records this meet. Sophomore Sasha Bogatyrev swam 100 breaststroke, earning first place with a time of 1:03.68, and also won second place for 50 yard freestyle with a time of 24:68. Mason Pistole, Jake Peters, William Weatherby, and Adrian Vigil competed together in a 200 yard freestyle relay and placed third with a time of 2:00.

Another MTHS freestyle relay team placed. Those competitors were Kai Hinch, Leo Diaz, Nate Miller and Sasha Bogatyrev. They won fourth place with a time of 4:01.51.

The Last Chance Meet took place in the Snohomish Aquatic Center on February 1, 2018. The next meet will be February 9-10 at Fidalgo Pool in Anacortes for the 2A Boys Swim/Dive District Championships.

About the Writer
Ciara Laney, Co-Photo Editor

Ciara Laney is the Photo Co-Editor for the Hawkeye. She is enduring her third year in the organization which she joined out of her enjoyment for keeping records of moments in life. Laney's goal in the Hawkeye is to make the audience feel a sense of belongingness in the Mountlake Terrace community. Outside of Hawkeye Laney spends time with her seven siblings. She has leadership roles in TEMPO, Key Club, and ASB and has been a co-captain for JV Tennis.