Hawks Men’s Basketball improve to 2-0 in a tough game against Kamiak Knights, 63-59

By Sarah Davis, Sports Co-Editor

The Hawks Men’s basketball team started off their first home game and second game overall of the season with a head-to-head game with the Kamiak Knights. The score went back and forth, making it an intense game, but ultimately the Hawks came out with a win, 63-59.

“It feels great and it gives us confidence you know that we beat a 4A team and we just got to continue to play good,” said Junior Forward Mason Peterson.

Kyhree Armstead lead the Hawks in points with a total of 17 points scored, followed by Brendan Hayes with 14 points and Peterson with 12 points. Peterson putting up three 3 pointers throughout the game.

The Hawks had a total of 14 total team fouls overall, while the Knights had 11 total team fouls. Hayes, Peterson and Conner Williams all had 3 personal fouls, Armstead and Christianson had 2, and Keegan Grayson only had 1 personal foul.

The Hawks are now 2-0 and plan on continuing their win streak in a game against the Lynnwood Royals on Saturday December 2nd at Lynnwood High School at 5:00 p.m.

Hawks- 12 17 14 20  —  63

Knights- 13 11 16 19 — 59