• Career Center: Friday is the First Future Friday, Go to the Career center to learn more

• FOOTBALL: October 20th, the Hawks take on the Snohomish Panthers, 7pm, at Veterans Memorial Stadium

Hawks Cross Country come in 2nd against 3A schools

By Sarah Davis, Co-Sports Editor

Senior Joan Park works hard at the beginning of the race.

On September 28, the Mountlake Terrace Cross Country team went up against 3 high schools that included Shorecrest, Mariner and Lynnwood High Schools.

Both boys and girls finished in second below Shorecrest, with boys finishing with a score of 38 and girls finishing with a score of 58.

For the boys, seven of their runners finished in the top 20. Jaden Lofrese came in 3rd (12:56), Alex Williams came in 4th (13:23), Ivan Moultan came in 9th (13:38), Josh Ernst came in 10th (13:43), Kendall Yackley came in 12th (13:57), Tymothy Harris came in 14th (14:02) and Jackson Marrott came in 18th (14:29).

Five out of the 8 girls who ran for Mountlake Terrace came in the top 20. Among these people, Meagan Williams came in 9th (16:45), Sandra Hart came in 10th (16:50), Marika Jamtaas came in 11th (16:54), Joan Park came in 12th (17:02) and Ally Gill-More came in 16th (17:34).

Their next meet is Wednesday, Oct. 4 at Marysville-Pilchuck High School at 3:45 p.m. Hope to see you there!