• Homecomming: Seniors: Toy Story, Juniors: Up, Sophomores: Finding Nemo, Freshmen: Monsters Inc

• Homecomming: 2017 Homecoming theme announced as Pixar.

• FOOTBALL: Hawks look to Bounce Back at Shorewood, Friday September 22nd, 7pm from Shoreline Stadium

Hawks defeat Mariners in non-conference opening game

By Kennedy Cooper, Co-Sports Editor

In a thrilling season opener, the Mountlake Terrace Hawks defeat the Sehome Mariners 41-40. Terrace dominated in the first and third quarter, while Sehome was ahead during the second and fourth. In the end the Hawks still held on to win by one point.

Things looked bleak for Terrace as Sehome drove the ball down the field at the end of the fourth quarter, but the Hawks defense dug deep and came up with one more big play causing the Sehome quarterback to fumble inside the 10-yard line.

Key players in this game include Jesse Martineau with four successful touchdown passes to Brandon Bach and Keegan Grayson. Jabrae Richardson and Moussa Traore also added to the Hawks touchdown collection with a 3-yard run and an 11-yard fumble recovery.

After a close win, the Hawks play their first home game of the year at Edmonds Stadium Friday Sept. 8 against the Cedarcrest Red Wolves at 5 pm.

Players attempt to tackle one another for possession of the football.