• Seniors: Graduation will be this Saturday, June 16th, 7pm, at Edmonds Stadium

• After school activities will operate as planned on June 7 after determining threat to be hoax

• MTHS entered total, then modified lockdown status after rumors of a threat of violence

Hawks defeat Mariners in non-conference opening game

By Kennedy Cooper, Co-Sports Editor

In a thrilling season opener, the Mountlake Terrace Hawks defeat the Sehome Mariners 41-40. Terrace dominated in the first and third quarter, while Sehome was ahead during the second and fourth. In the end the Hawks still held on to win by one point.

Things looked bleak for Terrace as Sehome drove the ball down the field at the end of the fourth quarter, but the Hawks defense dug deep and came up with one more big play causing the Sehome quarterback to fumble inside the 10-yard line.

Key players in this game include Jesse Martineau with four successful touchdown passes to Brandon Bach and Keegan Grayson. Jabrae Richardson and Moussa Traore also added to the Hawks touchdown collection with a 3-yard run and an 11-yard fumble recovery.

After a close win, the Hawks play their first home game of the year at Edmonds Stadium Friday Sept. 8 against the Cedarcrest Red Wolves at 5 pm.

Players attempt to tackle one another for possession of the football.

Kennedy Cooper, Sports Co-Editor
Kennedy Cooper, a junior and a second year staff member, is the Sports Co-Editor for the Hawkeye. This year she hopes to accurately and efficiently cover all sports available at MTHS. Outside of the organization, she plays select softball and is a music enthusiast.
Ciara Laney, Staff
Sophomore Ciara Laney is enduring her second year of Hawkeye. Last year, she discovered a passion for photojournalism and earned an excellent award at the National High School Journalism Convention in the spring of 2017 under the literary magazine category photography. Outside of journalism, Laney is the Class of 2020 ASB president, MTHS Key Club...