• The new issue of the Hawkeye is out, pick up a copy now

• FOOTBALL: Hawks look to keep on rolling Friday September 29th as they take on the Meadowdale Mavericks, 8pm at Edmonds Stadium

Hawks crush Marysville-Getchell Chargers, continuing the undefeated season

By Stephi Smith, Executive Editor

The MTHS boys basketball remains undefeated after a crushing defeat over the Marysville-Getchell Chargers.

The game began at 7 p.m. Friday, Dec 16 and with just seven minutes left in the first quarter, senior and Rowdy Rooter coordinator Adam Lorraine led the famous “I believe” chant.

The first quarter had Marysville Getchell falling behind with a score of 19-7 and the Hawks showing undeniable stamina. By the second half, the score was set at 38-16.

Most notably would be senior Sean Kirk’s first basket of the season, made in the first quarter. Kirk was not eligible to play by the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association standards, but was cleared just before the game.

Kirk made 10 points in the first half and 10 points in the second, making up a 20-point average throughout the game.

With just 30 seconds left in the game, the Hawks scored their last basket and kept their lead with a final score of 58-36. Lorraine led the final “I believe” chant as the buzzer sounded overhead.

The Hawks will be playing again on Dec 27 at 7:30 p.m. for the Holiday Tournament at MTHS.