• BREAKING: Coach Sood stepping down as head men's basketball coach
  • Hawks open season in their new Nest
  • OSCARS: Lily Gladstone's nomination celebrated at huge viewing party
  • Hawks WIN! Terrace 65, Garfield 54 for 4th place in 3A WIAA

The Hawkeye February 2024 issue

Three from women’s tennis compete at state, two place sixth

Last weekend, Terrace sent three women’s tennis players to state. This season was a very successful one, seeing as the Hawks team were District Champions for the first time in MTHS history. To cap it off, Nikki Bouche, Allison Lorraine, and Tina Liu competed at the state 3A tournament for the Hawks.

Last year, Bouche and Liu competed at state as a doubles team. This year however, things were swapped around and Bouche went solo while Liu paired up with Lorraine at the tournament.

Unfortunately, Bouche’s run in the tournament wasn’t long, as she lost her first match in the tournament and was ultimately eliminated.

The new duo of Liu and Lorraine had more success. They ended up placing sixth overall in the doubles category. When asked about the experience, Lorraine said “It was a really fun experience. It was really cool to compete with my partner Tina, who is a really talented tennis player. I’m glad I got the opportunity to compete at the state level.”

“I feel like we did our best. We put in a lot of work and left it on the court,” Lorraine said.

Congrats to all three of these athletes for getting the prestigious opportunity to compete at the highest level of competition for high school athletes, the team as a whole for earning the title of District Champion for the first time in Terrace history, and the Liu-Lorraine duo for placing sixth overall.

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]