Hawks struggle at the plate, lose 3-0 to Warriors

The Hawks played a key game against the Edmonds-Woodway Warriors on their home field on Tuesday. Both teams came into this game with an 11-5 record and both were looking to take the third place spot in the Wesco 3A South Conference.

The Hawks were held scoreless in the top of the first inning and the Warriors were able to score on an RBI ground out to first base and end the inning with a 1-0 lead.

The pace of the game was slow. Both teams knew that this was going to have to be a grind out victory. Neither team was able to score in the second.

Again in the third the Hawks were not able to push across a run while the Warriors loaded the bases and junior pitcher Gabby Calhoun walked in a run increasing the Warriors lead to 2-0.

In the top of the fourth junior second baseman Kira Doan gets the first hit of the game for the Hawks with a single to right field.

The Warriors were able to push across a run in the fourth on a ground out to second base boosting their lead to 3-0.

The score remained this way for the rest of the game while the Hawks were only able to get one more hit raising their total to two for the game. This was a very uncharacteristic game for the Hawks as they are one of the better hitting teams in the league.

The Hawks play their last home game of the season against the Shorewood Thunderbirds, Tuesday 10, at 4:00 p.m.