Fact or Fiction: Does coffee stunt your growth?

According to Specialty Coffee Association of America , nearly 50 percent of America’s population, that’s roughly 150 million American’s, consume espresso, cappuccino, latte, or iced or cold coffees. Also, 50 percent of American’s over the age of 18 drink coffee daily.

If that many people drink coffee related drinks, then wouldn’t the majority of them be considered short? Experts at teenhealth.org say “No, coffee doesn’t stunt your growth. But coffee does contain caffeine, which stimulates the central nervous system.”

Most people that drink from one to two cups of coffee a day won’t do any harm, but if a person drinks more than two cups per day mixed with the consumption of energy drinks or soda, then the caffeine from those drinks may cause anxiety, sleep deprivation, or dizziness.

One thing to know about caffeine is that if a person chooses to cut back from caffeine, then they should do so gradually. Symptoms such as fatigue, headaches and irritability can occur if a person suddenly stops or cuts back from drinking coffee.

According to coffee-statistics.org, American’s consume 400 million cups of coffee per day, which is equal to 146, 000, 000, 000 cups of coffee annually which makes America the leading consumer of coffee in the entire world.

Men and women drink approximately the same amount of coffee per day which is about 1.6 cups per day, but they drink coffee for different reasons. Women generally drink coffee because they feel a relaxed sensation which men drink coffee to get a jumpstart to their day and to feel the full effects of the caffeine.

One of the things that Seattle is most known for it is home to the first Starbuscks establishment. Now, there are 16, 858 in over 50 countries, while there are about 11, 000 Starbucks coffee shops in the United States.