Upcoming seasonal events

February, March, and April are exciting months in Washington as many seasonal events take place. In the month of February, the Northwest Flower and Garden Show will be showcasing 30 full-scale and exquisitely landscaped gardens, created by top designers, nurseries, and organizations located throughout the Northwest-area. Tickets are already on sale online, and the show will be available to visitors from February 23 – 27.

In March, there will be 2 seasonal events held in observance of the Irish holiday of St. Patrick’s Day: the Irish Week Festival and the St. Patrick’s Day Parade. The Irish Week Festival, presented by the Irish Heritage Club of Seattle, will include Irish music and dance, including the step dance and the Irish jig. Festival goers will be able to partake in Gaelic games, take Irish language lessons, or, with the help of genealogists, trace their own Irish history. Other fun activities include movies, cultural exhibits and demonstrations, and mingling with Irish celebrities. The St. Patrick’s Day Parade will take place on March 17, 2011. Beginning at 12:30pm at 4th Ave, in downtown Seattle, the parade will head north to the reviewing stand at Westlake Park and end with a closing ceremony at 2pm at Seattle Center.

At the peak of spring in April, there will be a Cherry Blossom & Japanese Cultural Festival at the Seattle Center. This annual event celebrates Japanese culture as well as the United States’ relationship with Japan. Held on April 1 -3, visitors can participate in various activities in arts and crafts booths, see exhibits and performances, and enjoy traditional Japanese cuisine.

The Daffodil Festival is another seasonal event in April, taking place in Tacoma, Washington. Celebrating its 78th year, the Daffodil Festival is an annual event that takes place with the Grand Floral Street Parade, traveling through various cities in Washington.