A month of excitement, and more to come

Hey, what’s up, Hawks! This has been a busy month for everyone and there is a lot of stuff that’s going on in the upcoming weeks. The first couple weeks of school have kept ASB busy, especially starting off the first full week of school with a spirit week! Even though it was the first spirit week and freshmen were adjusting to the school, there was good participation in school spirit even for the spirit days that were a little harder for some (such as Jazzercise).

The week ended with our back-to-school assembly, which had a special blacklight theme. Some of my favorite stuff from the assembly was the Bruno, releasing his inner rage onto the class of 2021. Truly an amazing memory for my senior year.

Right after that was the ASB retreat, which was a time for the class ASBs to settle down and bond with each other, as well as talk about homecoming and other activities. We also had our new Freshman class officers choose their theme for Homecoming.

First, they had picked Alice in Wonderland, but we had to make them choose a new theme, which was Shrek. The following two weeks were all homecoming poster painting days for the class hallways to see who would win the best looking hallway, based on votes from staff.

Then, homecoming week rolled around and coronation hit. Congratulations to all of the royalty that won this year. (I love ASB!) The participation for this spirit week was nice. I loved the creativity and fun that people had for Thursday’s spirit day, which were the class movie themes. The assembly was pretty solid. Everybody brought their spirit and it was a lot of good energy; people were respectful and played the games. Good job, Terrace! Also, shoutout to everyone that helped out during the assembly, especially Angelo Comeaux for recording the assembly.  

What Big 6 has planned for the coming month is the lip dub, trunk or treat and the food drive. We got a lot of good stuff coming up and we can’t wait for you guys to see! And sorry, Samantha, for getting this in late. Go Hawks!