Seriously…knock it off, we don’t want to see that

It never ceases to amaze me of how public displays of affection have gone from conservative to indecent at Mountlake Terrace High School. In the years past, kissing your girlfriend or boyfriend more than a peck was looked down on.

Teachers telling couples to “break it off” and students saying “get a room,” but now that seems to have changed. Is it just me or does it seem that “tonsil hockey” has become an accepted sport?

Every day you can see PDA around the halls of MTHS, although not all affection is bad. Holding hands, hugs, flirts; it’s natural for couples to have their displays of affection, hint the term PDA. But what makes it horrific is the extreme make-out sessions.

I am sad to say that there were many times I have walked down our school halls, past a couple pushed against the lockers making out. It truly is disgusting. I ask myself, “Do you have any respect for yourself? You’re at school!”

Did I miss the memo where eating each other’s faces was cool? I’m not against PDA, but it seems a little ridiculous how stupid couples can look.

Once I was waiting for a friend to get out of his class, and while I was waiting a guy was waiting for his girlfriend. The instant she came out of her class her mouth went right straight to his. In the middle of the hallway, as students were pushing past them to go home, they were making out.

I seriously don’t believe teenagers are truly that in love to be so ignorant to others. There is a time and place for that sort of thing and MTHS halls don’t qualify.

What also amazes me is our school’s faculty; during the same time that couple was making out, a teacher was locking a classroom door, and was standing right next to them.

I was expecting for the teacher to say something, but she just walked by.

Has the teaching staff turned a blind eye because they just don’t care? Our students are going to do what they’re going to do, even if that involves spit swapping or some rough pushing against locker action.

But seriously, it’s disturbing. And if our teachers had any respect for our school they wouldn’t ignore things as disgusting as that.

View Comments (1)