Sierra Clark

Sierra Clark, Graphics Editor

Sierra Clark is a senior and currently the Graphics Editor for the Hawkeye; however, she has previously held other leadership positions in order to further her knowledge in the journalism field. This year, Sierra wants to explore new branches of news media while making sure the graphics department runs smoothly and produces professional work. When not doing work for the Hawkeye, Sierra is involved in social and political activism when she's not at concerts.

All content by Sierra Clark

Words like bullets

By Sierra Clark
March 27, 2019

On Dec. 7, 2018, at Lake Brantley High School (LBHS) in Altamonte Spring, Florida., students were at lunch when the intercom announced a “Code Red” drill, simulating an active...

Midterm Madness

Turn to pages 10-11 above to see the full layout of this article. Americans across the nation gathered at polling stations and dropped ballots in mailboxes in a one-night...

valleyball

[Photo] Women’s Soccer

November 16, 2018

SkipDay

[Photo] Has the sun set on tradition?

By Hank Belanger, Hawkeye Staff
October 19, 2018

This past Senior Skip Day, 25 percent of seniors were reported absent.

Steam_Sierra

[Photo] The hidden program pathways

By Nina Otebele, Hawkeye Staff
October 19, 2018

Know your rights

By Sierra Clark, Co-Editor-in-Chief
May 14, 2018

“Know your rights,” say The Clash in their protest song of the same name, which highlights differences they observed between the rights — the right not to be killed,...

Letter From the Editor: Traditional Living Can Conflict with Morals

By Sierra Clark, Co-Editor-In-Chief
March 20, 2018

Seeing from both points of view on a topic is almost always difficult. I struggle with it myself, but I try to stick with my morals when it comes down to it. For example, if one...

Kimberly Nelson

Staff Diversity

By Sierra Clark, Co-Editor in Chief
March 20, 2018

With only a quick look around the school, every student and staff member is visibly different in gender, race and age. Within that, every single person has less predictable differences...

Naviance is not necessary for all students

By Sierra Clark, Co-Editor-in-Chief
January 19, 2018

Coming back from winter break, we had a “Naviance day,” where instead of working on classwork or getting teacher assistance from other classes, we were required to work on...

Co-Editor-in-Chief

[Photo] Sierra Clark

September 7, 2016

Co-Editor-in-Chief

Now he’s here

By Sierra Clark, Co-Editor-in-Chief
June 17, 2017

Not many know that senior Natu Abraham was born and raised in a small country on the East coast of the Red Sea in Africa, called Eritrea. “I came to America when I was...

Community forum for three principal finalists

By Sierra Clark, Co-Editor-in-Chief
June 10, 2017

Updated: Tuesday, June 13 at 7:05 p.m. After the announcement of Principal Greg Schwab being hired as the Edmonds School District’s  Assistant Superintendent —beginning...

Mumps in ESD, prevention

By Sierra Clark, News Editor
May 11, 2017

The Edmonds School District (ESD) has confirmed a case of the mumps as of May 5 and the affected school has been alerted. Mara Marano-Bianco, the ESD Health Services Program Manager,...

ESD subject to phishing emails

By Sierra Clark, News Editor
May 3, 2017

In the past week, students in the Edmonds School District (ESD), as well as others, have been sent phishing emails to their district accounts. These emails are seen as shared Google...

The guns and the brains

The guns and the brains

By Sierra Clark, News Editor
April 27, 2017

It seems like every other day there is another mass shooting flashing across the news screens. San Bernardino, Marysville Pilchuck, Fort Lauderdale, Sandy Hook, at Pulse in Orlando,...

Smoke alarm causes impromptu evacuation

By Sierra Clark, News Editor
March 22, 2017

A smoke detector alarm rang throughout MTHS at approximately 10:30 a.m. this morning, causing an impromptu evacuation of the school. Many students were unaware of the situation,...

A deeper look into the camp at Standing Rock

By Sierra Clark, News Editor
January 19, 2017

Through heat from 96 to -20 degrees Fahrenheit, the tribes have been camped by DAPL’s production to save their water. People from all over the country have gone to Standing...

#DAPL

#DAPL

By Sierra Clark, News Editor
January 9, 2017

The United States is littered with pipelines all across its seven regions. According to pipeline101.com, a website that aims to inform people on U.S. pipelines, said that there...

Schwab: “[The photo] was not intended to be a threat”

By Sierra Clark, News Editor
January 4, 2017

An MTHS student was emergency expelled Jan. 4 after posting an image of a pile of bullets with the caption “be prepared” on Instagram. The expulsion was announced through emails...

Edmonds Car Crash Kills Former MTHS Student

By Sierra Clark, News Editor
September 9, 2016

Five Edmonds School District students, ages 13-16, were involved in a car wreck on Olympic View drive in Edmonds on Friday, July 22. According to Edmonds police Sgt. Shane...

The ASB Budget Breakdown:

By Sierra Clark, News Editor
September 7, 2016

The MTHS Associated Student Body (ASB) has a meeting at the end of every school year to make the final decision on the school's activities budget for the following school year. This...

Edmonds crash leads to death of student

By Sierra Clark, News Editor
July 31, 2016

Five Edmonds School District students ranging in ages 13 to 16 were involved in a one car accident in Edmonds on Friday. The BMW swerved off the road before hitting a tree,...

Garcia has been an avid musician since the age of 12, dedicating his time to writing and recording his own music in a corner of his bedroom

By Sierra Clark, News Editor
June 14, 2016

Seven years ago, at about age 12, senior Bryan Garcia played a bass guitar that was once his brother’s and won by his dad in an eBay auction. He had just picked up his bass...

Wellness Committee grant leads to water refilling stations at MTHS

By Sierra Clark, Hawkeye Staff
May 5, 2016

The Edmonds School District's (ESD) Wellness Committee recently received a total of $132,600 from the Next Generation Initiative through the Office of Superintendent of Public...

Student verbally harassed on walk to school

By Sierra Clark, Hawkeye Staff
May 2, 2016

At approximately 9:10 this morning, a female student was verbally harassed on her way to school. Principal Greg Schwab clarified that the student does not attend any morning...

EdCC to host “Big Dream” STEM documentary

By Sierra Clark, Hawkeye staff
April 19, 2016

The Edmonds Community College (EdCC) Black Box Theater is hosting a free movie screening Wednesday at 6 p.m. The featured film, “Big Dream,” is a documentary following seven...

The future of Muslim Americans

By Sierra Clark, Hawkeye staff
April 18, 2016

In the past five years, there has been an average of 150.8 hate crimes toward Muslim Americans yearly, according to FBI statistics from California State University professor Brian...

Sign-up deadline approaching for College Planning Day

By Sierra Clark, Hawkeye Staff
March 16, 2016

Bellevue College is hosting the College Planning Day on Tuesday, March 29th, at which students can go to their campus and attend four presentations by college representatives....

Expanding Your Horizons conference to support women in STEM

By Sierra Clark, Hawkeye Staff
March 9, 2016

While STEM careers, jobs and education have increased by growing amounts in recent years, the amount of women in these fields are greatly outnumbered by men. To help women on these...

Sign ups limited for Students of Color Career Conference

By Sierra Clark, Hawkeye Staff
March 8, 2016

Thursday, March 24th, there will be an all day Student of Color Career Conference at Everett Community College (EvCC) from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The event is geared to middle and...

Acing College sessions begin tomorrow

By Sierra Clark, Hawkeye Staff
February 10, 2016

The first Acing College session presented by the Career Center will be tomorrow, Feb. 11, during PASS. The Acing College events are structured in a series format, aiming to help...

Meadowdale to host college planning night

By Sierra Clark, Hawkeye Staff
February 9, 2016

Tonight, Feb. 9, Meadowdale High School will be hosting a college planning night. This is an opportunity for all Edmonds School District (ESD) sophomores and juniors to get a head...

Teenagers’ Attachment to Music

By Sierra Clark, Hawkeye staff
February 2, 2016

Every day students walk through the halls with their headphones plugged into their ears. Many listen to their music whenever they can during lunch, PASS, independent work time...

Sno-Isle Tech information meetings this week

By Sierra Clark, Hawkeye Staff
February 1, 2016

On Tuesday, February 2nd, there will be a representative from Sno-Isle Tech Skills Center in the Career Center during sixth period. Sno-Isle offers a large variety of Career...

Financial Aid Night to help students apply for FAFSA, Tuesday

By Sierra Clark, Hawkeye staff
January 11, 2016

MTHS seniors and their parents are urged to come to Financial Aid Night at 6 p.m. on Tuesday in the MTHS library. Seniors and their parents should have received an email to...

Annual Santas Workshop, Music Boosters biggest fundraiser, held Saturday at MTHS

Annual Santa’s Workshop, Music Booster’s “biggest fundraiser,” held Saturday at MTHS

By Sierra Clark and Samantha Svikel
December 16, 2015

The annual Breakfast with Santa’s Workshop, hosted by the MTHS music boosters, was a hit yet again. The HUB was in full holiday decor and festive music spread throughout the...

Children controlling a robot

Auction and dessert buffet event to raise money for ESD robotics

By Sierra Clark, Hawkeye staff
November 7, 2015

The Edmonds School District (ESD) robotics teams collaborated to organize an all-you-can-eat dessert buffet and auction in hopes to raise money for their FTC and FRC robotics teams....

Load More Stories