All overnight field-trips canceled

Based on a recommendation that Superintendent Nick Brossoit received from the Snohomish County Health Department, he has canceled all overnight student field trips until Dec. 1. This issue is a direct response to the rapid manner in which H1N1 (Swine Flu) is being transmitted among students and community members.

The H1N1 influenza virus has recently developed the ability to be transmitted between people. Numerous cases have been reported in the area and several deaths have been attributed to the flu across the state. All planned overnight field trips from now until the end of November have the option of being converted to day trips, or rescheduled after Dec. 1. Health officials recommend avoiding contact with infected people and staying home for 24 hours after fever symptoms have dissipated.

Mountlake Terrace High School is hosting a vaccine clinic from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m on Saturday, Nov. 7 and Dec. 5 for priority groups of community members. Such priority groups include individuals 6 months old to 24 years old, pregnant women, caregivers of infants, school teachers, and people 25-64 years old with medical conditions.