Community Transit changes service, again

Parminder Kaur | Hawkeye Senior Vincent Max getting into the MTHS stop of route 112, one of the areas where changes have been proposed.

On Monday, Feb. 18, Community Transit will implement a change to the routing of the only route that directly serves MTHS. Route 112 will now directly serve the Lynnwood Transit Center after almost a year of bypassing it directly and instead serving stops nearby.

This change was aimed at making the 112 a more cost effective and streamlined route since routing into the transit center adds a significant amount of time to a trip. However, some riders complained that the 112 no longer directly served the transit center that it had become inconvenient especially if a trip required transferring to another bus.

The new northbound routing has 112 turning into the transit center from 44th Ave. W., then serving 48th Ave. W. and 194th St. S.W. behind Fred Meyer before returning to 44th Ave. W. The routing will be in reverse going southbound.

In addition to the routing change, bus schedules will also change on Feb. 18. Fares for Community Transit buses also changed on Feb. 1. A trip on a local bus for the youth is now $1.50, while adult fare is now $2.