Exercise Your Body

In order to maintain a healthy lifestyle, a person needs to be active for 30 minutes each and every day while keeping a balance between their eating habits and exercising.

Exercise is needed to maintain a healthy weight, but there are more benefits than just that. Mentally, exercise can help in a variety of ways.

According to the Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, or MFMER, “Research on anxiety, depression and exercise shows that the psychological and physical benefits of exercise can also help reduce anxiety and improve mood.”

Exercising also increases temperature, which is suggested to be calming.  Exercise helps in many ways and teens should be aware of the mental benefits.

Exercise also helps physiologically by increasing confidence, distracting from stress and worries, increasing social interactions, and it can be a good coping strategy. According to the MFMER, exercise increases good mood, and releases stress.

However, many teens are unaware of how much exercise is needed. “Doing 30 minutes or more of exercise a day for three to five days a week can significantly improve depression symptoms,” said the MFMER.  It also improves many other mental problems as well.

Some people struggle to find motivation but a way to avoid this is recognizing the benefits. This includes living longer, improving memory, promoting healthy body functions, lower cholesterol and blood pressure, strengthened bones and muscles, reducing risk of stroke and diseases while also maintaining a healthy weight.

Another good thing to do is set small personal goals. Another reason for not exercising is just that some people don’t enjoy it. The only options aren’t just repeatedly doing jumping jacks, weight- lifting or running around a track.

There are many ways to fit some physical activity into any busy schedule. An option could be joining a gym, or going to yoga classes.

Some people prefer sports for their physical exercise. Even if it’s not for a team, just get some friends together for a game or match.

When a person enjoys a workout, then there’s more motivation to do it again.

Excuses many teens make is not having time, not being athletic or thinking it’s boring.

According to Lawrence Robinson M.D, a good exercise can be achieved in 15 minutes.

If exercise is difficult, start off with something small and build up. A short exercise can be a little “pick me up” and give a short burst of energy to someone who’s tired.

A simple exercise can be going for a walk. Exercise doesn’t have to be intimidating, just have fun with it.

Anybody can exercise, all that’s needed is time and effort and the benefits and rewards will show.