Your Big 6 gives a warm welcome to the new year

President Laraine Sims

Hey Hawks, it’s Laraine, your Big 6 President! The school year is coming upon us quickly and we are so excited to welcome our new and old students to MTHS. Even though our first week is only three days, it has a lot packed in, so read carefully!

First of all, we come back to school on Sept. 7, Sept. 8 is picture day, and on Sept. 9 we have our back-to-school assembly. We can’t do a full spirit week since it is only three days, but everyone is encouraged to wear their class colors to the assembly on Friday.

Don’t worry if you missed your chance to go to Hawk Walk. You can still get a locker if you go to the attendance office, and you will get a chance to see all of the clubs during our back-to-school assembly.

If you are an incoming freshman interested in joining ASB, election papers are available by the activities office in the HUB. These papers were also sent to your email. I would love to see you join and work with you!

Within your class ASB, you’ll mostly be helping your peers plan events and fundraisers in order to help raise money for your prom. You also get to add valuable input on school decisions and plan the decorations for your Homecoming hallway. If you want to help benefit your class and school, consider running for class office.

I can’t wait to see and meet all of you on Sept. 7! I hope to see a lot of school spirit, especially during our first assembly. I wish you all good luck and a great school year. Please stay updated on upcoming events by looking at our weekly informational emails and following us on our Instagram: @mountlaketerracehs. Go Hawks!

Public Relations Officer Kim Banh

Welcome back to school and a warm welcome to the incoming class of 2026. It’s your Executive Public Relations Officer Kim, and I’m the person behind the MTHS Instagram!

After a few years of COVID-19 being around, the school has definitely not been the same. 

Big Six and I are excited about all the events we have planned for this 2022-2023 school year. We’re hoping to bring back school spirit and become more connected as a community. We are planning on bringing back school traditions that have been going on for many years, as well as having many more school events that may have not happened last year due to COVID-19 restrictions. 

As a freshman, you may be wondering what Big Six is. Big Six are the people who oversee school events, fundraisers and lead the Associated Student Body. 

This year’s Big Six consists of President Laraine Sims, Vice President Ryan Daly, Secretary Davis Gonzaga, Treasurer Kaylyn Takeya, Historian Henry Obare, and me, Kim Banh, as Public Relations.

If you’re looking for any information about upcoming school events, sports games and more, you can find this information on our school IG page @mountlaketerracehs. 

If you don’t find the information that you need, you can always direct message the page or message one of the officers directly. 

If you personally do not have Instagram, you can either find one of the executive officers and ask or look to one of the monitors around the school that may contain information about that event.