• Mens Soccer's takes on Marysville-Getchell, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 19, at Getchell HS

• Softball: The 0-2 Hawks take on the Monroe Bearcats. Tuesday, March 19. 4:00 P.M. first pitch at MTHS

• Baseball: The 1-3 Hawks return to action 4:00 p.m. March 21, vs Interlake at MTHS

School district to provide English classes for parents

By Nolan DeGarlais, News Editor

The Edmonds School District (ESD) will offer adult English classes for parents of ESD students in the MTHS cafeteria beginning Tuesday, Jan. 15. The classes will begin at 7:00 p.m. and registration can be completed onsite, but no more parents will be accepted into the program after the first two weeks of classes are completed.

Classes will be held each Tuesday and Thursday in the cafeteria from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. until March 21. Adult English classes will be offered at both the beginner and intermediate level. The classes will cover topics such as English language skills, American culture and community resources available to families within the ESD who speak English as a second language.

Free childcare, in the form of extended learning time, will be offered to children between the ages of three to 10 who are family members of those attending the classes. Children must not be in diapers while they are attending the free childcare offered by the ESD.

About the Writer
Nolan DeGarlais, News Editor

Nolan DeGarlais is in his junior year of high school and is a third year member of the Hawkeye. His current position is News Editor, which primarily involves the writing and editing of news stories. This year, Nolan hopes to write several news articles for the Hawkeye and cover many different events that have the potential to impact the school community. Nolan also hopes to further develop the Hawkeye as an editor and a leader by helping other staff members be successful in news writing.