Hawks boost winning streak to 4 games with shutout of Royals

The Hawks women’s soccer further solidified their winning streak after beating rival Lynnwood Royals on Tuesday, Sept. 13 with a score of 3-0.

Right when the clock started, the Hawks kept their defense up, constantly making steals and headers. Although they came close to making a goal many times, the first half of the game concluded with a score of 0-0.

With 30 minutes left in the second half, the Hawks showed an increase in communication and shouted each other’s names to strengthen their offense.

Soon after, the strategy proved effective as junior Sammy Ruiz scored the first goal of the game with an assist from junior Isa Kembel.

The duo worked together once again to bring the score to 2-0 with a goal from Ruiz thanks to another assist from Kembel.

Nearing the end of the game, junior Donnya Kvinge scored the last goal with an assist from Kembel.

Senior Maddie Powers and Ruiz, both captains of the team, bonded with the players helping boost confidence.

From game to game, the soccer team continues to dedicate their practices to “looking wide for opportunities” and improving their communication.

“Everyone [was] playing as a team and communicating throughout the field,” Ruiz said.

In the future, Ruiz wants to focus on “developing even more as a team.”

The Hawks take on the Everett Seagulls Thursday, Sept. 15 at 7:30 pm, at Lincoln field.