Soccer suffers tough loss to Warriors, 0-3

©HAWKEYE image credit: Jack Fiorillo
Junior defender Claire Zucker gets ready to trap the ball.

On Tuesday night, Hawks women’s soccer team came up short to the Edmonds Woodway Warriors by a score of 0-3. Both teams were getting plenty of shots on goal but without any success. That was until the Warriors scored with 14 minutes to go in the first half. Both teams were held scoreless for the rest of the half leaving a score of 0-1 at halftime.

The Warriors capitalized on their lead with a goal only two minutes into the second half. Although being down 0-2 the Hawks would not give up. The Hawks had many shots on goal but luck was not on their side as none of the shots were going in.

The Warriors made it even tougher for the hawks scoring once again with 16:15 left in the game. Adding to their lead and making the game 0-3.

“The player that scored most of their goals is one of the best players in the whole country,” coach Evan Hatch said. “I think the score doesn’t really reflect how even the game was, and I was really proud and impressed at how well the team played.”

Although the scoreboard doesn’t look too good for the Hawks. Evan Hatch had some motivational words for his players.

“I think the way they played is motivation in itself,” Hatch said. “The way we played against a good team shows that we’re ready for playoffs and can compete at the playoff level.”

The players obviously are going to be disappointed whenever they lose but coming into this they knew it was going to be a tough game and left it all on the field.

“As a team I think that we played very well,” senior midfielder Allison Lorraine said. “I think we have improved a lot and that we need to keep trying, keep going and keep getting those opportunities.”

It was a hard loss for the Hawks but they have a tough game ahead of them against the Arlington Eagles one of the best teams in the league on Thursday Oct. 23 at 7:30 p.m. at Lynnwood High School.