Derek Nguyen, Hawkeye staff

Derek Nguyen is a first-year Hawkeye staff reporter and freshman at MTHS.

For the Hawkeye, he would like to write about the latest technology trends and the video game industry, including eSports and reviews. His interests include programming, music composing and playing video games. After high school, Derek plans on attending a four-year university and majoring in computer science.

All content by Derek Nguyen
Snowflakes Edited

[Photo] Can’t take the heat

By Sam Johnson, Data and Online Manager
January 19, 2018

Sophomores Daniel Quach and Dior Nazarov places 2nd in the 3D Animation event.

[Photo]

Sophomore Michael Malysh rejoices as he place 2nd in the Dragster Design event.

[Photo]

Sophomore Sophie Burbank elected as the new Treasurer for the WTSA state officer team.

[Photo]

From Right to Left: Sophomores Reece Newhouse, Robert Krieger, Andy Shaw, Daniel Quach and Anthony Le places 4th in the On Demand Video event.

[Photo]

Freshman Meghan Park expresses her excitement for claiming 1st in the SCIVIS event.

[Photo] TSA takes home honors from WTSA State Conference

March 30, 2017

Sophomore Dior Nazarov holds his plaque with pride as he places 3rd in the Transportation Modeling event.

[Photo]

After a presentation and interview on the 2nd day of the conference, the Biotechnology Design team members: Freshman Meghan Park, freshman Amy Harris, sophomore Reiden Chea, freshman Nolan DeGarlais and freshman Dylan Breuer is awarded with a 3rd place plaque.

[Photo]

After a presentation and interview on the 2nd day of the conference, the Biotechnology Design team members: Freshman Meghan Park, freshman Amy Harris, sophomore Reiden Chea, freshman...

(Left to Right: Freshman Dylan Breuer, sophomore Reiden Chea, freshman Cole Johnston, freshman Meghan Park and freshman Nolan DeGarlais) Silver award winners representing MTHS for their outstanding leadership skills demonstrated through activities such as community service and coordinating TSA-sponsored events.

[Photo]

(Left to Right: Freshman Dylan Breuer, sophomore Reiden Chea, freshman Cole Johnston, freshman Meghan Park and freshman Nolan DeGarlais) Silver award winners representing MTHS...

During the awards ceremony, an intermission was held with keynote speaker

[Photo]

On the first day of the conference, the opening session held a keynote presentation by Curtis Haley where he speaks about his fight with brain cancer.

[Photo]

Load More Stories