Nhung Lam, Graphics Editor

Nhung Lam, a junior and third-year staff at the Hawkeye, started her Journalism career at Brier Terrace Middle School’s The Bulldog Brief. In Hawkeye, she enjoys covering sports in photography and writing about things that interest her, such as sports, local events and problems in the community. As a MTHS student, Nhung participates in the school's Concert Orchestra, playing the violin; Honors STEM Program, specifically the Biotechnology pathway; tutoring; IATRIX21 ; swim team and tennis team.

All content by Nhung Lam
Singing Waving Through A Window from the musical Dear Evan Hansen, junior Ella Seavers went on to win the Judges choice award later that night after three rounds of competition.

Senior-run Terrace Idol brings together teen talent

By Nhung Lam
April 15, 2019

Round 1: Where It Began The class of 2019 hosted the district-wide annual singing competition known as Terrace Idol. The competition invites talented singers from all over the...

The 2018 Spirit of America Cheerleading team poses for a photo.

Cheerleader’s dream comes true at Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade

By Nhung Lam
February 25, 2019

Millions of spectators crowded the streets of New York to experience one of the largest parades in the world, the annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, on Nov....

Shymko acts as the lovely Audrey in the school musical Little Shop of Horrors.

Deadly plant overtakes the “Little Shop of Horrors”

By Nhung Lam
January 23, 2019

The MTHS drama department held their first play of the school year, with the performances of the musical “Little Shop of Horrors.” The musical premiered from January 16...

Senior Cameron Suraci posses with a MTHS weekly highlight which noted his success in being named as a semi-finalist.

Terrace senior named National Merit Scholarship semi-finalist

By Nhung Lam, Hawkeye Staff
October 19, 2018

Two high school students from the Edmonds School District (ESD), including MTHS senior Cameron Suraci, were named semi-finalists for the National Merit Scholarship (NMSC) Since...

Senior Hana Abay waters plants in the greenhouse as part of Eco Club. Among the plants she grows at the school are tomatoes, echinacea and bachelor’s buttons.

Sowing the seeds of success

By Nhung Lam, Hawkeye Staff
June 18, 2018

Hana Abay will be ending her year at MTHS as a Hawk, leaving her legacy and spreading her wings, moving onto the next biggest step in life. In her four years of being a Hawk,...

Wheels up for Wellesley

By Nhung Lam, Hawkeye Staff
June 15, 2018

As a member of the 2018 graduating class, Karen Benson will be leaving MTHS with a powerful message to students, traveling 3000 miles to the next big step in her life. Throughout...

The mermaids of Mountlake Terrace dazzle the audience with their beautiful voices.

Drama finishes off the year in the stars

By Nhung Lam, Hawkeye staff
June 14, 2018

The MTHS drama department held their last play of the school year, closing it off with performances of “Peter and the Starcatcher.” The play premiered from May 31 to June...

Koalaty hosts annual comedy night

By Nhung Lam, Hawkeye staff
June 8, 2018

Yet again, the MTHS drama department held their annual comedy improv night on May 24, hosted by the Koalaty improv team. The night consisted of several fun improv games and acts,...

A photo of senor Tyler Burelisons Best of Show winning sculpture of a dragon, entitled Ancient Guardian of the Forest. Photo courtesy of the May 2018 edition of the Seattle Metals Guild newsletter.

Senior earns Best of Show in metal work competition

By Nhung Lam, Hawkeye staff
May 18, 2018

Senior Tyler Burelison is now the third student from MTHS to receive the Best of Show, specifically for his piece named Ancient Guardian of the Forest in the Seattle Metals...

#HeForShe

By Nhung Lam, Hawkeye Staff
May 14, 2018

Nhung Lam With the issue of gender equality being widely discussed, the HeForShe campaign’s rooted goal is to show that gender equality is not just for women's rights, it's...

Jazz ensembles boost morale with Essentially Ellington send off

By Nhung Lam, Hawkeye staff
May 6, 2018

The MTHS jazz ensembles hosted a send off event for Jazz Ensemble 1 (Jazz 1) on Saturday, May 5th to the 23rd annual Essentially Ellington Competition & Festival (EE) on May...

Me Too

Me Too

By Nhung Lam, Hawkeye Staff
January 19, 2018

Alyssa Milano, an actor, singer and activist, took one twitter hashtag, #MeToo, and revived the movement against sexual harassment and assault on women, originally campaigned by...

Orchestra quad concert brings harmony, surprises

By Nhung Lam, Hawkeye staff
March 18, 2017

Orchestras across the southeastern quadrant of the Edmonds School District came together yet again for their 29th annual SE Orchestra Quad Concert. On Wednesday, March 8, the...

Why do colleges care about foreign language?

By Nhung Lam, Hawkeye staff
January 31, 2017

Students each year take foreign languages in high school to not only learn a new language but for the language credits. According to College Confidential, selective colleges,...

Jun Park solos on the clarinet.

[Photo] Nutcracker variations featured in PASS performance

December 18, 2015

Jun Park solos on the clarinet.

Load More Stories