Seven Hawks moving on to the second round of Terrace Idol

Terrace Idol 2014 started last Wednesday, Feb. 5, with 20 contestants from the Edmonds School District. Terrace Idol is an annual fundraiser organized by the senior class ASB. Auditions were held on Jan. 27 and 28, and the top 20 competitors out of more than the 50 students who tried out were announced on Jan. 30.

The 12 people that represented MTHS were Alisha Clingan, Erick Yanzon, Dominic DeMiero, Maddy Caiola, Orion Burk-Poole, Senaiet Zerom, Angel Garcia, Alex Willstrop, Megan Smith, Melissa Elder, Ashley Lee, and Amanda Holthusen.

Representing Lynnwood High School were Auryana Ashoori, Abby Martinez, and Awais Ahmad. Caitlin Yanos, Mitchell Wahlmeier, Rosie Gamboa, and Alyson Podesta were from Edmonds Woodway. Spencer Graham from Meadowdale was also chosen, but withdrew before the first competition.

The judges for the first round were feature writer for theHerald newspaper Gale Fiege, MTHS drama department assistant Jessica Weight and MTHS music department assistant Justin Correa.

The judges took over half an hour deciding which contestants were moving on to the next round.

And finally, MCs Micha Jackson and Andy Shehata announced the following top 10:

Dominic DeMiero(T), Awais Ahmad(L), Orion Burk-Poole(T), Alisha Clingan(T), Amanda Holthusen(T), Auryana Ashoori(L), Maddy Caiola(T), Senaiet Zerom(T), Caitlin Yanos(EW), and Ashley Lee(T).

The second round will be at the same time, same place, at the MTHS theatre, 7pm this Wednesday, Feb. 12. Admissions are $5.

The set of second round judges are singer and musician Rob Hyatt, DJ and member of the techno group Electric Children Jack Waterman, and returning from the first round, Gale Fiege.

The top 5 singers will then move on to the third round on Feb. 19 and fight for the crown of being the Terrace Idol 2014. Two winners will be selected; one being the audience vote, and one being the judges vote.