The Hawkeye February 2024 issue

October 2013 students of the month

October 2013 students of the month
October 2013 students of the month

The Edmonds School District selects two students each month to each of the high schools to recognize their accomplishments and achievements. Go to the ESD website for the complete list and information for the October 2013 students of the month.

October 2013 students of the month
October 2013 students of the month

Student Name: Will Khadivi
Mother’s Name: Karen Khadivi
Father’s Name: Joe Khadivi
GPA: 3.0
Clubs & Activities: In addition to ASB, I am the news editor of The Hawkeye student newspaper; vice president of Key Club and was the president last year; co-coordinator of Link Crew; president of Eco Club and the Gay-Straight Alliance; and was anchor and reporter for the Hawk Broadcasting Network (HBN) last year.
ASB: I am the Senior Class President and served as Junior Class President. I also was an inter-high representative my sophomore year.
Athletics: I was a track and field athlete my freshman year.
Honors: Advanced classes I am currently enrolled include AP Government, AP English Literature, College in the High School Astronomy, and biotechnology. In previous years, I also took AP U.S. History, AP Language & Composition, Honors English 10, and AP European History.
Awards: 2013 Al Neuharth Free Spirit and Journalism Award, Washington State winner; Albertsons Associate of the Month, Aug. 2013; 2011 Mountlake Terrace Sophomore Homecoming Prince.
Community Service: I am a student adviser to the Edmonds School Board. I volunteer regularly with the Youth United program though Snohomish County United Way; and volunteered for one year helping elementary students improve their reading skills and perform basic tasks at the Mountlake Terrace Public Library. Through the Key Club, I have worked on making blankets for children in hospitals and shelters and collected funds for UNICEF; helped underprivileged children and families during the holiday season to ensure that those families all have gifts and money for their holiday groceries; and having our annual separate drives for toiletries, Teddy Bears, and glasses. I also work every year on our large school-wide food drive for our local food bank.
Current Employment: I have worked as a Courtesy Clerk at the Mountlake Terrace Albertsons since May 2012.
Future Educational Goals: I hope to receive my bachelor’s degree in Political Science and my master’s degree in Public Policy.
Future Career Goals: I hope to work in the Political Science or Journalism fields.
Anything else we should know? Thank you for this honor. Go Hawks!

Student Name: Lilianne Nguyen
Mother’s Name: Hao Ho
Father’s Name: Binh Nguyen
GPA: 3.4
Clubs & Activities: I am involved with ASB, Link Crew, Project Unify, Key Club, and Rowdy Rooters.
ASB: Freshman Class Secretary; Interhigh; Big 6 Public Relations; Big 6 President
Athletics: Varsity Volleyball
Awards: Freshmen Princess 2010; 110 Percent award for C-Team Volleyball; Most Inspirational for varsity volleyball; varsity volleyball letter; varsity track letter; ASB Public Relations award; Student of the Month for October
Community Service: Food Drive; ASB Community Service projects; The Polar Plunge
Culminating Project: I’m thinking about either hosting a mini leadership workshop with everyone on ASB or  a few students from other schools in WESCO.
Future Educational Goals: I am applying to University of Washington Seattle, the University of Washington Bothell, Seattle University, Eastern Washington University, and Gonzaga.
Future Career Goals: I want to go into a health care profession. I was thinking along the lines of physical therapy or to be part of the non-profit Free The Children and work in different countries to help build schools or provide clean water in under-served communities.