Christopher Guardiano: The Man with the Plan

His trademark smile seldom leaves his face. The amount of energy and enthusiasm that Chris Guardiano brings to the teams he manages is unmatched in this school, and possibly the state.

For the past several years, Guardiano, a junior, has been the manager for the Hawks soccer, football, and basketball teams, and has loved every minute of it.

He first began as the boys soccer manager freshman year.

“Some of the players reached out to me. They saw they had a huge soccer fan here and that I was willing to put in the hard work and I had the passion for the sport,” Guardiano explained.

Soccer by far has been his favorite sport. The effect that Guardiano has on the game (except for soccer, where he can be seen giving advice to players) isn’t necessarily obvious to the average fan, but it’s definitely seen by the athletes.

Junior football receiver Trung Banh said, “I just love his positivity. He really helps us keep up during the game.”

Assistant football coach Russ Vincent added, “He’s well liked. People enjoy seeing him [on the sidelines].”

It’s obvious how beloved Guardiano is to this school. During sports assembly videos, whenever he appears, students cheer in support.

He has made many friends in his time here and can be often seen sitting at the “seniors table” in the HUB.

It’s undeniable how much he cares about this school, and how much the school cares about him.

Often times, Guardiano can be seen even more emotional and connected during games than some of the athletes.

At this year’s Homecoming game, when Lynnwood came back and made what ended up being the game winning field goal, he was visibly upset, pacing the sidelines in frustration.

“Homecoming games are a special time. Seeing the crowd so enthusiastic and full of spirit makes it so special,” he said.

But for Chris this experience has been about much more than sports.

These past two years have been excellent he said. “Superb. More recognition. I appreciate the student body reaching out and accepting me. This has been a good opportunity to expand in later years… I’m going to take away memories. The struggles, triumphs, and mainly just focusing on maybe someday being a coach here. Next year I’m going to have a good ending here, and maybe in a few years have a new beginning.”

Guardiano said he hopes to take the experience he received at MTHS to his ultimate goal and dream job of managing the Seattle Sounders soccer club.

“But as we know, that’s going to take some hard work,” Guardiano explained.

Next year he wants to keep managing and hopes for another year just as sucessful as this year.

Guardiano has one message he wants to share with the school. “I just want to thank all the fans and supporters, parents, players, and coaches of the teams I’ve managed. I want to thanks them for the opportunity to manage their teams. It’s been a blast. And I just hope that one day I can have a legacy left throughout the school here.”