From Cline to Christmas to Beatles

Seattle Women’s Chorus (SWC) is coming around again, starting their ninth season on October 1st and 2nd at Benaroya Hall with country music that will be focusing on major female country singers including Patsy Cline, Dolly Parton, Martina McBride, Dixie Chicks, Tammy Wynette Loretta Lynn, and Anne Murray that they will be calling True Country.
Chely Wright, whom will be accompanying SWC for this specific concert, has a new documentary film called Wish Me Away about the brave choice she made to come out as a lesbian with her country music. This documentary film won “Best Documentary” at the Nashville Film Festival.
February 18 and 19 of the New Year, SWC will be having their show Shot Through The Heart that will be a concert all about love at Benaroya Hall. Whether it’s silly love, sad love, fun love, puppy love, and love/hate relationships, it will all be there.
Joining those love songs will be numerous classics from the Great American Songbook, made timeless by vocalists Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan, Tony Bennett, and Frank Sinatra.
Specifically for this concert, select concertgoers will have the opportunity to choose a song that will be for their spouse and it could be any love song, whether it be sultry, sexy, or about getting ready for a divorce. Details will be online at SeattleWomensChorus.org and in Flying House Magazine.
November 26 through December 22, the Seattle Men’s Chorus (SMC) will appear at Benaroya Hall again for Cool Yule, singing famous Christmas songs such as “Let It Snow,” “Walkin’ in a Winter Wonderland,” “Sleigh Ride,” “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,” “Jingle Bells,” and “Silent Night.”
Among the SMC, characters from the television comedy The Big Bang Theory will make their appearance for some comical surprises.
In 1989, a group of Japanese musicians transcribed every note of every Beatles song ever recorded in an over a thousand-page volume.
Come Together will be the next concert on March 31 and April 1 at McCaw Hall. SMC will pay tribute to the Beatles using the transcriptions of The Beatles’ recordings. They will bring out a collection of favorite Lennon and McCartney songs.
The SMC will then show again at McCaw Hall on June 22 and 23 for their final concert of the season, Sing Out. This concert is of the audience choosing the sings SMC will sing. Subscribers and single ticket buyers will be able to participate in the online voting that will help make the program.
During the same concert on June 22 and 23, SMC will also do something new called “Chorus Idol” and the winners of Seattle-area competitions will demonstrate their unique talents during the first half of the show.
The audience will choose the winner, as well. Details will be online at SeattleMensChorus.org and in Flying House Magazine.
Sing Out will be the last concert of the season for both SWC and MWC. They will be coming around again for their 10th season around the same time next year as they start this year, but the concerts will be different next season.