New local FroYo

A new restaurant front has made its way into the 44th Avenue Plaza on 212th, settled nicely between Little Caesar’s Pizza and Randal Southam Photography Studios, also adjacent to Urban City Coffee, and it seems to have made a great impression.

Melt Waffle & Frozen Yogurt had their grand opening this past Saturday, September 3, at 10 a.m.

By Sunday evening they had already had their first 1,000 customers and were prompt to thank them on their Facebook page. They serve their waffles with frozen yogurt and your choice of toppings for $4.95, breaking the mold of the traditional frozen yogurt shop.

They have yet to put up a website but assure potential employees and customers that it will be coming soon. Feedback on Facebook is plentiful and they are excited to get it.

Staff and students have had plenty of praise, and based on popular opinion and feedback, Melts is having no trouble melting into the Mountlake Terrace community.

In order to delve deeper into the community, the company has said it will be giving 10 percent of its first quarter’s profits to the DECA clubs at Mountlake Terrace High School, Lynnwood High School, and Edmonds-Woodway High School.