School district board elections preview

Election season is coming up and several of the Edmonds School District school board positions are up for grabs.

MTHS is directly affected by the outcome of the election, which will determine who is on the board.

Board members will make critical decisions that need to be made over the course of their members.

Kory DeMun is running unopposed for District Director 1 and wants to restore some programs if funding improves and make sure that the community is active and involved.

For District Director position 3, Gary Noble faces Boe Lindgren. Noble wants to reduce class sizes, particularly in grades K-3. He also wants to restore bus service within a mile of schools where a safe walking route is difficult.

On the other hand, his opponent Lindgren has a record of coaching youth in the community for the past 20 years.

Mark Dillan, who is running against Diana White for District Director position 5, supports getting naming rights to Edmonds Stadium.

He has been placing advertisements on fences and buses, which is already proving to be a successful tactic in other states.

White, who has a degree in finance, is very focused on connecting with the community.

She encourages feedback from students, parents and struggling families.

White said in her speech, “Children attend school for seven hours a day for 176 days a year and have seldom been asked, ‘How can we make your learning experience better?’ ”

Election day is next Tuesday, Nov. 8. Results will be available online and in the next edition of the Hawkeye.