Behind the scenes at the 2020 virtual graduation production

June 12, 2020

©HAWKEYE image credit: Hawkeye Staff

It was a full-blown team effort, and in true Terrace style nearly 300 seniors graduated before the cameras on Wednesday, June 3 in front of Mountlake Terrace High School. The official graduation – and the official graduation video launch – is set for 10 a.m. Saturday, June 13. This year, however, you’ll be able to watch from home, on your smartphone, your laptop, or any streaming device anywhere in the world as the COVID-19 pandemic forced this year’s celebration out of Edmonds Stadium and onto the internet.

No, this wasn’t your father’s or mother’s or brother’s or sister’s graduation. In fact, nothing – and we mean nothing – like this has ever occurred in the 60 year history of the school. But, members of the Class of 2020 and their families seemed to revel in the unique opportunity, showing up in well-decorated cars, vans, trucks, and convertibles to see these seniors pick up their diploma holders from Principal Greg Schellenberg.

Speaking of team effort, the crew from Life N Light photography did all the primary video and photography for the official production, but members of the ASB, HBN, TEMPO and Hawkeye were also on hand to capture the sights and sounds of this one-of-a-kind ceremony. Additionally, the Boosters Club set up a station where they delivered special gifts from the Club and community supporters to every senior who participated in the ceremony.

The Hawkeye • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in