The Hawkeye February 2024 issue

Counselors offer webinars helping families navigate COVID-19 challenges

©HAWKEYE image credit: Courtesy of MTHS Counselors

The Terrace counseling department will be hosting a webinar series starting at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, May 27 to provide guidance for parents and students facing challenges due to social distancing measures amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Dealing with school work at home and managing stress and anxiety created by the pandemic will be the central focuses of the series.

According to the flyer sent out by the counseling staff over email to Terrace families, the webinars will be interactive and allow students to share their concerns with the counseling staff. 

“Check out this mini webinar series full of tips and tricks on how to deal with doing school work at home, how to deal with the worry, stress and anxiety of Stay at Home and Social Distancing and finally what things you can do to help yourself stay happy and de-stress!” the flyer said.

According to counseling office intern Hilde Tzemos, students wishing to participate in the webinars do not need to sign up in advance. Instead, they just need to sign into their student email addresses and follow this Zoom link:

https://edmondsschools.zoom.us/j/98617902292?pwd=K20xUGRFMytPMmdEb2lLcTIrWFBHUT09

Meeting ID: 986 1790 2292

Password: 596394

According to Tzemos, each student webinar will be held at different times during the week to ensure that these sessions do not overlap with the same class period each time. The times and dates of future webinar meetings will be announced during the Wednesday, May 27 session. 

When students log into the Zoom meeting, they will be directed to a website called Nearpod. There, they will be able to interact and input information throughout the webinar. 

The counseling department will also hold another webinar series focused on the same subject directed at parents and families. The first of these webinars will be held on the evening of Tuesday, May 26. 

Students or families with  questions about this webinar series can contact Hilde Tzemos at [email protected].