Easter Bunny spreads holiday cheer through Brier neighborhoods

As the spring holidays roll around this year, many people have had to adjust to canceled plans and events as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. 

One of these events affected by the pandemic was the annual Brier Park Traditional Egg Hunt which was to take place on Saturday, April 11, this year. The Saturday preceding Easter Sunday usually holds the event, during which local families gather to hunt eggs and take pictures with the Easter Bunny. 

As the day of the event approached, it appeared that the social distancing measures implemented by the state government to stop the spread of COVID-19 would prevent these community Easter celebrations. However, it soon became clear that the coronavirus was not able to stop the Easter Bunny from spreading joy throughout the local area.

The Easter Bunny and cars with Easter-themed decorations belonging to members of the Brier Park Board cruised through local neighborhoods from noon to 1 p.m., honking and waving at the excited families gathered outside to watch the procession. Families made sure to maintain their distance from each other in an attempt to guarantee that the event did not create the potential to transmit COVID-19 in the community further.

View Comments (1)
Damaris Ibrahim, Hawkeye Staff
Photo Editor Damaris Ibrahim is in her junior year of high school. It is her second year with HSM. This year she hopes to develop her skills with design, communication, and build connections with her fellow staff members. Outside of school she enjoys drinking tea, going on morning runs, and playing the bass.