• SENIORS: Commencement program info due to Sandy Merten by May 7

• Men's Soccer takes on Archbishop Murphy at Lynnwood HS, Tuesday, April 16, at 7:30 p.m.

• Baseball: The Hawks take on Lynnwood at MTHS, Tuesday, April 16, First pitch at 4:00 P.M.

“Little Shop of Horrors” to premiere Wednesday

By Jackson Freund, Lifestyle Editor

Starting on January 16 and ending on January 19, the MTHS drama department is putting on the play “Little Shop of Horrors” with prices starting at $8 for everyone on the first night. The following nights are $12 for general admission and $10 for children under the age of 13 or those with ASB cards.

Viewers can also get $2 off a ticket if they have the special code word provided at the end of each show, but each night will have a different code that was provided from the previous night’s show. Each performance begins at 7 p.m. in the theater.

The story follows a boy named Seymour Krelbourn (played by senior Jacob Knight) who is stuck in a dead end job sweeping in a flower shop on “Skid Row” when he discovers a plant after an eclipse. He names this plant Audrey II after his love interest Audrey (played by junior Peja Shymko), a coworker at the flower shop that’s run by a grumpy old man named Mr. Mushnik (played by senior Michael Wollan). The plant is discovered to consume human blood after Seymour pricks his finger on it and it begins to grow. Soon enough, the plant becomes big enough to be an attraction and sets Seymour up for fame and fortune, but at what cost?

Senior Michael Wollan, playing as Mr. Mushnik, claims to have confidence in the ability of his castmates and the production itself.

“Throughout my years of doing this, our first night always goes way better than we as a cast nervously think,” he said.

Even though this isn’t his most prominent role in a school production, after playing the lead in last year’s play “The Robber Bridegroom,” Wollan enjoys his role as a grumpy old man this time around. He joked that “with all sorts of grumpy old man energy, it’s nice to see how my future will be.”