• Mens Soccer's takes on Marysville-Getchell, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 19, at Getchell HS

• Softball: The 0-2 Hawks take on the Monroe Bearcats. Tuesday, March 19. 4:00 P.M. first pitch at MTHS

• Baseball: The 1-3 Hawks return to action 4:00 p.m. March 21, vs Interlake at MTHS

Police debunk photo threat against Edmonds-Woodway

By Annika Prom, Co-Editor-in-Chief

The Edmonds School District and Edmonds Police have been made aware of an image concerning an act of violence against Edmonds-Woodway High School (EWHS). Additional police officers are stationed on the EWHS campus and in the area for the Nov. 8 school day.

The subject in the photo is not a local student, nor is the source of the photo from Washington state. The original photo caption had been relabeled on Snapchat with “Woodway” and sent to a small group chat before it “got out of that group,” according to Edmonds Police.

They have since made contact with the source of the photo in question.

A screenshot of an email from Assistant Principal Allison Larsen that circulated on social media shows she acknowledged the presence of the potential threat at around 5:45 p.m.

“We have no reason to believe at this time that our school safety is at risk,” she wrote. “Thank you, again, for making this report.”

The Edmonds Police Twitter account said they were made aware of the claim around 7:30 p.m. last night.

About the Writer
Annika Prom, Co-Editor-in-Chief

Annika Prom is the Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Hawkeye and a senior at MTHS. She joined the Hawkeye to explore her love for getting to know people and share their stories through writing.

She hopes to inspire the Hawkeye staff to realize their full potential so every member can find their niche. This year, she aims to expand her journalistic ability by capturing diverse perspectives and presenting them through audio. In her free time, Annika enjoys taking care of plants and is the co-president of Eco Club.