Police debunk photo threat against Edmonds-Woodway

By Annika Prom, Co-Editor-in-Chief

The Edmonds School District and Edmonds Police have been made aware of an image concerning an act of violence against Edmonds-Woodway High School (EWHS). Additional police officers are stationed on the EWHS campus and in the area for the Nov. 8 school day.

The subject in the photo is not a local student, nor is the source of the photo from Washington state. The original photo caption had been relabeled on Snapchat with “Woodway” and sent to a small group chat before it “got out of that group,” according to Edmonds Police.

They have since made contact with the source of the photo in question.

A screenshot of an email from Assistant Principal Allison Larsen that circulated on social media shows she acknowledged the presence of the potential threat at around 5:45 p.m.

“We have no reason to believe at this time that our school safety is at risk,” she wrote. “Thank you, again, for making this report.”

The Edmonds Police Twitter account said they were made aware of the claim around 7:30 p.m. last night.

About the Writer
Annika Prom, Co-Editor-in-Chief
Annika Prom is the Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Hawkeye and a senior at MTHS. She joined the Hawkeye to further explore her love for getting to know people along with the ability to capture that in writing.

She hopes to inspire the Hawkeye staff to realize their full potential so every member can find their niche. She also hopes the publication can work more closely together to produce great work and inform the community of important matters. In her free time, Annika enjoys taking care of plants and is the co-president of the MTHS Eco Club.