• BREAKING: Coach Sood stepping down as head men's basketball coach
  • Hawks open season in their new Nest
  • OSCARS: Lily Gladstone's nomination celebrated at huge viewing party
  • Hawks WIN! Terrace 65, Garfield 54 for 4th place in 3A WIAA

The Hawkeye February 2024 issue

Police debunk photo threat against Edmonds-Woodway

The Edmonds School District and Edmonds Police have been made aware of an image concerning an act of violence against Edmonds-Woodway High School (EWHS). Additional police officers are stationed on the EWHS campus and in the area for the Nov. 8 school day.

The subject in the photo is not a local student, nor is the source of the photo from Washington state. The original photo caption had been relabeled on Snapchat with “Woodway” and sent to a small group chat before it “got out of that group,” according to Edmonds Police.

They have since made contact with the source of the photo in question.

A screenshot of an email from Assistant Principal Allison Larsen that circulated on social media shows she acknowledged the presence of the potential threat at around 5:45 p.m.

“We have no reason to believe at this time that our school safety is at risk,” she wrote. “Thank you, again, for making this report.”

The Edmonds Police Twitter account said they were made aware of the claim around 7:30 p.m. last night.