• Mens Soccer's takes on Marysville-Getchell, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 19, at Getchell HS

• Softball: The 0-2 Hawks take on the Monroe Bearcats. Tuesday, March 19. 4:00 P.M. first pitch at MTHS

• Baseball: The 1-3 Hawks return to action 4:00 p.m. March 21, vs Interlake at MTHS

Full of spirit, full of Hart

Hart+turns+with+the+ball+at+her+feet%2C+moving+the+Terrace+attack+forward.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Full of spirit, full of Hart

Hart turns with the ball at her feet, moving the Terrace attack forward.

© HAWKEYE Sarah Davis

© HAWKEYE Sarah Davis

© HAWKEYE Sarah Davis

By Ciara Laney, Co-Photo Editor

Forward and co-captain Julia Hart has been playing soccer since she was about six years old. Her parents encouraged her at a young age which is the reason she started playing soccer. Besides soccer, Hart runs for the MTHS track team and plays club soccer for FC Edmonds.

“I remember my freshmen and sophomore year both clashed together. I had soccer year round besides when high school was doing it. There were track meets and then soccer games. It was hard to pick one [sport],” Hart said.

Luckily for MTHS, Hart fully dedicated herself to the MTHS women’s soccer team.

“I made amazing friends during high school sports and I met new people, which was really cool,” Hart said.

One of her favorite soccer memories was with junior Abbi Johnson, a midfielder, during a soccer game this season.

“Abbi Johnson assisted one of my goals,” Hart said. “She crossed it in and I headed it in. It wasn’t a tie breaker, but it brought us up to a tie. Afterwards we hugged. You know, homie love.”

Hart cherishes the memories made while on the soccer team. She enjoyed “goofing around at soccer practice after school… we clown around and have a good time.”

Julia will miss the people she met while playing soccer the most. Before games “we used to listen to music in the locker rooms and get pumped.”

Hart noticed herself improving throughout her time playing at MTHS with the help of her team.

“My sophomore and junior year I made it to the second team in WESCO and my senior year I made it to the first team,” Hart said.

After each season of soccer, specific awards are handed out for members of the team. Hart earned most improved her freshman year. During her junior year, she earned most tenacious player. This year, she received the award for being the most outstanding player.

Hart will be playing soccer at Edmonds Community College next year. Her field of study is not yet determined, but she is pursuing an AA degree.

About the Writer
Ciara Laney, Co-Photo Editor

Ciara Laney is the Photo Co-Editor for the Hawkeye. She is enduring her third year in the organization which she joined out of her enjoyment for keeping records of moments in life. Laney's goal in the Hawkeye is to make the audience feel a sense of belongingness in the Mountlake Terrace community. Outside of Hawkeye Laney spends time with her seven siblings. She has leadership roles in TEMPO, Key Club, and ASB and has been a co-captain for JV Tennis.