Full of spirit, full of Hart

Hart+turns+with+the+ball+at+her+feet%2C+moving+the+Terrace+attack+forward.+
Hart turns with the ball at her feet, moving the Terrace attack forward.

Sarah Davis

Sarah Davis

By Ciara Laney, Photo Co-Editor

Forward and co-captain Julia Hart has been playing soccer since she was about six years old. Her parents encouraged her at a young age which is the reason she started playing soccer. Besides soccer, Hart runs for the MTHS track team and plays club soccer for FC Edmonds.

“I remember my freshmen and sophomore year both clashed together. I had soccer year round besides when high school was doing it. There were track meets and then soccer games. It was hard to pick one [sport],” Hart said.

Luckily for MTHS, Hart fully dedicated herself to the MTHS women’s soccer team.

“I made amazing friends during high school sports and I met new people, which was really cool,” Hart said.

One of her favorite soccer memories was with junior Abbi Johnson, a midfielder, during a soccer game this season.

“Abbi Johnson assisted one of my goals,” Hart said. “She crossed it in and I headed it in. It wasn’t a tie breaker, but it brought us up to a tie. Afterwards we hugged. You know, homie love.”

Hart cherishes the memories made while on the soccer team. She enjoyed “goofing around at soccer practice after school… we clown around and have a good time.”

Julia will miss the people she met while playing soccer the most. Before games “we used to listen to music in the locker rooms and get pumped.”

Hart noticed herself improving throughout her time playing at MTHS with the help of her team.

“My sophomore and junior year I made it to the second team in WESCO and my senior year I made it to the first team,” Hart said.

After each season of soccer, specific awards are handed out for members of the team. Hart earned most improved her freshman year. During her junior year, she earned most tenacious player. This year, she received the award for being the most outstanding player.

Hart will be playing soccer at Edmonds Community College next year. Her field of study is not yet determined, but she is pursuing an AA degree.

Ciara Laney, Staff
Sophomore Ciara Laney is enduring her second year of Hawkeye. Last year, she discovered a passion for photojournalism and earned an excellent award at the National High School Journalism Convention in the spring of 2017 under the literary magazine category photography. Outside of journalism, Laney is the Class of 2020 ASB president, MTHS Key Club...
Sarah Davis, Sports Co-Editor
Sarah Davis is a junior at MTHS, and this is her second year on staff. She is the Sports Co-Editor this year and her main focus is to work with the other Sports Co-Editor, Kennedy Cooper, to get the most wide range of sports coverage as possible and keep everyone up to date on everything...